Hello everyone! I’ve released Rails version 3.0.7!
I want to say thanks to Santiago for handling the release candidate gems. He’s on vacation, so I get to do the real thing.
The main change in this release is to fix a performance regression in ActiveRecord that was introduced in version 3.0.6.
For a web friendly view, check out the compare view on github.
For those that want the TL;DR of the commits, here are the pertinant CHANGELOG entries for each project:
Hash.from_xmlno longer loses attributes on tags containing only whitespace [André Arko]
- Destroying records via nested attributes works independent of
reject_ifLH #6006 [Durran Jordan]
- Delegate any? and many? to Model.scoped for consistency [Andrew White]
- Quote the ORDER BY clause in batched finds - fixes #6620 [Andrew White]
- Change exists? so records are not instantiated - fixes #6127. This prevents
after_initializecallbacks being triggered when checking for record existence. [Andrew White]
- Fix performance bug with attribute accessors which only occurred on Ruby 1.8.7, and ensure we cache type-casted values when the column returned from the db contains non-standard chars. [Jon Leighton]
- Fix a performance regression introduced here
read_attributemethod [Stian Grytøyr]
- remove AM delegating
register_interceptorto Mail [Josh Kalderimis]
Just in case!
$ shasum * 6b96ed6cf0717e7e40b7ef9b39a70814d3928250 actionmailer-3.0.7.gem c28009b6ce47c60553027c1ddd9c9bd2aacb2c82 actionpack-3.0.7.gem 6ee5ca84b460fff55e7dd825fc966cfbc4b36070 activemodel-3.0.7.gem 25ff07f49129ccd405c95047b41e6717e95f9471 activerecord-3.0.7.gem a4adde3ad82017d8925e99733d1cd288b1474c39 activeresource-3.0.7.gem d1a0192fd9da869caee79be66a5915633eda291f activesupport-3.0.7.gem 04aa110f50d2ea9b8434526faff57ab2e249495e rails-3.0.7.gem 9430747274afa4fac2c37ae05a39f9cb79680e16 railties-3.0.7.gem
Have a great week everyone!
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3