There are several Ruby / Rails related conferences coming up in the next few months. Some of these are smaller regional conferences, and some of them are larger conferences which have their own Ruby tracks. If you know of any additional events, please comment and I’ll add them to this list.
July 21-25 – OSCON in
Cost: $1345 (sessions only)
August 1-2 – Ruby Nation in
A Washington DC Regional area Ruby conference with a great location: right next to the Washington Dulles Airport.
August 8-9 – Ruby Hoedown in
A southeast regional Ruby conference located just down the street from the Space Center (aka Spacecamp).
August 15-17 – erubycon in
A conference dedicated to Ruby’s place in the Enterprise, organized by EdgeCase.
September 4-6 – Lone Star Ruby Conference in
A regional Ruby conference deep in the heart of Texas. They haven’t announced their speakers or opened registration yet, but I’m told they will shortly.
September 20 – Windy City Rails in Chicago, IL
A day long Rails conference in Chicago covering the freshest topics in the Rails world put together by Chicago Ruby.
November 17-21 – QCon in
San Francisco, CA
Cost: $1,695 (sessions only)
Also worth mentioning:
- Ruby Fringe is July 18-20, but tickets are no longer available.
- Railsconf Europe is September 2-4 as David announced last week.
- Rubyconf is November 6-8 in Orlando, FL, but rubyconf.org doesn’t have any information about that yet.
- Voices that Matter: Professional Ruby Conference is November 17-20 in Boston, MA. I’m told more details will be revealed next month.
- Merb Camp is hasn’t been officially announced yet, but I hear it might be October 11-12 in San Diego.
- Railscamp #3 is going on this weekend (June 20-22) near Sydney, Australia, and there’s also a Railscamp UK being planned for sometime in August.
- RuPy is this weekend (Saturday, June 21) in Omsk, Russia.
If I’ve missed any conferences, please let me know and I’ll be happy to add them.